TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SALE
1. Applicability. (a)These terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms”) are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods (“Goods”) and services (“Services”) by TekRex (“Seller”) to the buyer (“Buyer”). Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if a written contract signed by both parties is in existence covering the sale of the Goods and Services covered hereby, the terms and conditions of said contract shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms.(b)The accompanying quotation(the “Quote”) and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer’s order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.(c)Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, Seller may, from time to time change the Services without the consent of Buyer provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature or scope of the Services, or the fees or any performance dates set forth in the Quote.
2. Delivery of Goods and Performance of Services. (a)The Goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer’s purchase order. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss or damage in transit.(b)Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller shall deliver the Goods as specified in the Quote(the “Delivery Point”) using Seller’s standard methods for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods by methods as specified in the Quote. Buyer shall be responsible for all loading costs and provide equipment and labor reasonably suited for receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Point.(c)Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer’s purchase order.(d)If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date fixed pursuant to Seller’s notice that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses or authorizations: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer; (ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) Seller, at its option, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation,shipping,storage and insurance).(e)Seller shall use reasonable efforts to meet any performance dates to render the Services specified in the Quote, and any such dates shall be estimates only.(f)With respect to the Services, Buyer shall (i) respond promptly to any Seller request to provide direction, information, approvals, authorizations or decisions that are reasonably necessary for Seller to perform Services in accordance with the requirements of this Agreement; (ii) provide such customer materials or information as Seller may request and Buyer considers reasonably necessary to carry out the Services in a timely manner and ensure that such customer materials or information are complete and accurate in all material respects; and (iii) obtain and maintain all necessary licenses and consents and comply with all applicable laws in relation to the Services before the date on which the Services are to start.
3. Non-delivery. (a)The quantity of any installment of Goods as recorded by Seller on dispatch from Seller’s place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary.(b)Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller’s negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within one day of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.(c)At Seller’s sole discretion, any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.(d)Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 3are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under Section 3(c), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
4. Quantity. If Seller delivers to Buyer a quantity of Goods of up to one percent more or less than the quantity set forth in the Quote, Buyer shall not be entitled to object to or reject the Goods or any portion of them by reason of the surplus or shortfall and shall pay for such Goods the price set forth in the Quote adjusted pro rata.
5. Shipping Terms. Delivery of the Goods shall be made FOB Austin, Texas or as specified in the Quote.
6. Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right,title and interest of Buyer in, to and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing.
7. Buyer’s Acts or Omissions. If Seller’s performance of its obligations under this Agreement is prevented or delayed by any act or omission of Buyer or its agents, subcontractors, consultants or employees, Seller shall not be deemed in breach of its obligations under this Agreement or otherwise liable for any costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by Buyer, in each case, to the extent arising directly or indirectly from such prevention or delay and Buyer agrees to reimburse Seller for such costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by Buyer.
8. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods. (a)Buyer shall inspect the Goods upon receipt. Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods within 24 hours and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as reasonably required by Seller.”Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer’s purchase order; or (ii) product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents. (b)If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. To return Nonconforming Goods, Buyer must contact Seller to obtain written authorization before returning the Nonconforming Goods. No returns of any type will be accepted without such written authorization. Buyer shall ship the Nonconforming Goods to Seller’s facility located at Austin, Texas. If Buyer does not obtain written authorization to return the Nonconforming Goods, Buyer shall be responsible for shipping and risk of loss. If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer’s shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer’s expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point. (c)Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 8(b)are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under Section 8(b), all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
9. Change Orders. If either party wishes to change the scope or performance of the Services, it shall submit details of the requested change to the other party in writing. Seller shall, within a reasonable time after such request, provide a written estimate to Buyer of: (i) the likely time required to implement the change; (ii) any necessary variations to the fees and other charges for the Services arising from the change; (iii) the likely effect of the change on the Services; and (iv) any other impact the change might have on the performance of this Agreement. Promptly after receipt of the written estimate, the parties shall negotiate and agree in writing on the terms of such change (a “Change Order”). Neither party shall be bound by any Change Order unless mutually agreed upon in writing in accordance with this Agreement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Seller may, from time to time change the Services without the consent of the Buyer provided that such changes do not materially affect the nature or scope of the Services, or the fees or any performance dates set forth in the Quote. Seller may charge for the time it spends assessing and documenting a change request from Buyer on a time and materials basis in accordance with the Quote.
10 .Intellectual Property. All intellectual property rights,including copyrights, patents, patent disclosures and inventions (whether patentable or not), trademarks service marks, trade secrets, know-how and other confidential information, trade dress, trade names, logos, corporate names and domain names, together with all of the goodwill associated therewith, derivative works and all other rights (collectively, the “Intellectual Property Rights”) in and to all documents, work product and other materials that are delivered to Seller under this Agreement or prepared by or on behalf of the Buyer by Seller in the course of performing the Services (collectively, the “Deliverables”)except for any Confidential Information of Seller shall be owned by Seller.
11. Price. (a)Buyer shall purchase the Goods and Services from Seller at the prices(the “Prices”) set forth in Seller’s Quote.If the Prices should be increased by Seller before delivery of the Goods to a carrier for shipment to Buyer, then these Terms shall be construed as if the increased prices were originally inserted herein, and Buyer shall be billed by Seller on the basis of such increased prices.(b)All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, VAT, duties, tariffs and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel or real or personal property or other assets.
12. Payment Terms. (a)Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within 30days from the date of Seller’s invoice or as specified in the Quote, subject to Seller’s credit review of Buyer. Buyer shall make all payments hereunder in US dollars.(b)Buyer shall pay interest on all late payments at the lesser of the rate of 1.5%per month or the highest rate permissible under applicable law, calculated daily and compounded monthly. Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods or performance of any Services if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for ten days following written notice thereof.(c)Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy or otherwise.
13. Limited Warranty. (a)SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS OR SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR(b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; OR (c) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY;WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.(b)Products manufactured by a third party (“Third Party Product”) may constitute, contain, be contained in, incorporated into, attached to or packaged together with, the Goods. For the avoidance of doubt, SELLER MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT, INCLUDING ANY (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
14. Limitation of Liability. (a)IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES,AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.(b)IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS AND SERVICES SOLD HEREUNDER.
15. Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses,permissions, authorizations, consents and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Buyer. Buyer assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Seller may terminate this Agreement if any governmental authority imposes antidumping or countervailing duties or any other penalties on Goods.
16. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (a) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement; (b) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (c) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
17. Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
18. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to, specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
19. Force Majeure. The Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
20. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
21. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture or other form of joint enterprise, employment or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
22. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
23. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement are governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas.
24. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Texas in each case located in the County of Williamson, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding.
25. Notices. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Quote or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission) or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
26. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
27. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Order including, but not limited to, the following provisions: Compliance with Laws, Confidential Information, Governing Law, Submission to Jurisdiction/Arbitration and Survival.
28. Amendment and Modification. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing stating specifically that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
29. Indemnification. To the extent the Goods are to be manufactured in accordance with a Specification supplied by the Buyer, the Buyer shall indemnify the Seller against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by the Seller in connection with any claim made against Seller for actual or infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights arising out of or in connection with the Seller’s use of the Specification. For purposes of this Section 29, “Specification” shall mean any specification for the Goods, including any related plans and drawings, that is supplied by the Buyer. The Seller reserves the right to amend the specification if required by an applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.